Vegan Jamaican Patties

Today, my water pressure dropped during my tomato watering (first thing this morning). I thought my pipe had busted and I'd find some horrible mess in the basement--not so--apparently someone at the water company fell asleep. Then, my computer was going through a total midlife, re-boot drama causing me to waste an hour of my day. During the hour I was waiting, I wanted to do something constructive with my time, so I thought I'd exercise to my workout dvd, which promptly began, and then, suddenly died--(the screen went blank, but my TV was still on)--my dvd player had just died--with my dvd inside. . . it's not in there anymore! Okay, so I was pretty much spent by then, and it was only eleven! Oh, and could it be the full moon? Then, surprise of surprises, a wonderful book store coupon awaited me in my inbox, which sent me into a happier place and thus, out the door for a little "shopping." Enter my evening meal--straight from this very cool cookbook that is now sitting on my shelf: Vegan Soul Kitchen by Bryant Terry. I highly recommend this book and, for starters, maybe this recipe (topped with guacamole and hot sauce) accompanied by his coleslaw (add some shredded carrot if you'd like). As a side note, I was fortunate enough to have on hand a head of cabbage and carrots from my good friend's garden.

Comments