Vegan Waffles




Maybe I should have named this blog "I'm always hungry!"--seriously! I would guess most of us with a food blog are of the same school. Anywho, this weekend, it was just gorgeous! The dining took place outside for most meals. As you can see, we had some sad faces staring at us. To me, nothing says Sunday morning like waffles. And I happen to have a wonderful cookbook to inspire me: Vegan Brunch by Isa Chandra Moskowitz. Look at the perfection my little WM purchase gives me! These freeze superbly--so I can have them the rest of the week. *Blueberries are a must!

Vegan Waffles

2 cups soy milk
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
3 tablespoons canola oil
3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup cornmeal
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 tablespoon corn starch

Put all wet ingredients in a bowl. Mix well. Then add all dry ingredients, mix well.
*A good thing to do is to put this mix in the fridge for about five minutes before filling the waffle iron. Also, remember to brush your iron with canola oil. Use your manufacturer's directions for proper time and temperature.

Comments