Vegan Buffalo Chik'n Chickpea Salad with Fresh Peaches (from the sewing room. . .with love, Frankie)

This dinner salad is quick, cool, yummy, satisfying and PERFECT for when it's Hot as Hades like it's been here in Missouri. And folks, it's been that way for a looong time now. I am no fan
It's a good thing I love salads for dinner and would eat them every night if I could. 
What attracted me to the recipe I riffed on was the inclusion of peaches.
 Peaches and Dinner=Love. 

They are always on hand in this house during the summer. 
(An unfortunate thing happened to MY peaches in the backyard: raccoons.)
 Lucky for us, this was a bountiful peach season--so the local stores have been stocked with them.
 Hot sauce seemed like the right thing to do here with the chickpeas and Gardein Chick'n . 
I added rice, too. The idea came from the cookbook: 
I love a good vegan cookbook. 
You can get Kathy's recipe for the dressing here
The variation to my salad includes: 
omitting peanuts and lime, adding rice, adding hot sauce to the chick'n.  
It was a dinner fave and may make another appearance soon! Or as we like to call 'em: repeater!
Meantime, Frankie found my sewing and thought she'd like to try.  
Thank god the fabric place had a yard left of my beeeutiful shirt design.
So we are all better and am moving right along on my Aster Sewalong
Adorable. But don't let that face fool you. 
Just woke up from a nap. 
I know, I know. She breaks my heart every day, but. . .
She is trouble. With a capital "T".






Comments

  1. She looks like trouble. Cute, fluffy, irresistible trouble!
    And that salad looks wonderful. I love adding buffalo sauce to salads, really dresses them up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Barb--thanks and yes, I agree!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment