Vegan Raspberry Blondies


Being a blonde myself, I cannot resist trying something named after my hair pigment!
These were fabulous--had them today with the ladies from my garden club.
Raspberries are cheap right now, so go out and grab a bunch and find something to do with them! The inspiration for these came from Martha Stewart's Cookies cookbook (which I keep checking out from my library!). I guess I should just buy it, but it keeps the doors open at the lovely library!


Raspberry Almond Blondies
Inspired by Martha Stewart's Cookies

9 tablespoons of Earth Balance or non-hydrogenated butter
1 2/3 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon course salt
1 cup packed light brown sugar
3 teaspoons Ener-G Egg Replacer
4 tablespoons warm water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon soy milk
1 cup sliced almonds
2 1/2 cups raspberries (or two packages of raspberries--rinsed)
1 cup white chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 325. Line an 8 inch pan with parchment up both sides. Spray parchment.
Mix your Ener-G Egg Replacer and water mix together and set aside--really whisk it well. Whisk flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Put butter, brown sugar in bowl of food processor or mixer. Mix until pale and fluffy. Add egg replacer and vanilla and soy milk until combined. Add flour in 1/4 cup increments, then add 3/4 cup almonds. Press the batter into the pan. Spread berries over it. Then spread remaining 1/4 cup almonds over it. Then spread 1 cup of chips over that. Bake for about 45 minutes, rotate pan 1/2 way. Let cool and then cut into 2 inch squares.

Comments