Godspeed Maggie Mae (Let Our Hearts Heal)

Maggie Mae. The best girl ever. We said good-bye to her Monday. Nicknamed "Moonpie" because of the little carmel top on her head, split right down the middle with a streak of white, just like a moonpie. We didn't know her exact age--she was a rescue. There's never enough time. We just know every single day with us she brought more joy than seemed possible.
I painted this portrait of her. I wanted to capture her eyes. We shared a special bond.
She loved the snow.
And sleep. She loved to sleep.
We have a long process of healing ahead of us. Tears. Lots of tears right now. One minute I'm fine. The next, not so much. I'll be back when I can.

Comments

  1. Kelly- I am sending you lots of love and hugs, we are so sorry for your loss. The portrait you painted is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly, I'm so sorry. Please take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear about your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, sweetie I am SO sorry. What a beautiful girl. Having lost Pete in November it is still so raw ... yes, tears is all there is for awhile. And lots and lots of remembering. Hugs and write if you need or want to. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelly, I am so sorry, my heart hurts for you. You're going through something that is coming soon for me(my Sam is fifteen). Maggie Mae was an absolutely beautiful dog. I know she is up above smiling over you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kelly, I'm so sad for you and your family. I know you gave her a wonderful life and she gave so much to you! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My heart goes out to you. She was a beautiful dog and I'm sure she felt loved and cherished. I can't even think about losing our dog, and I know someday we'll have to face that. They're truly a part of the family! Thinking about you...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry, Kelly! Maggie Mae was such a beautiful girl. Take care of yourself, I'm sending good thoughts and hugs your way.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment