Spay and Neuter Your Pets!









This next topic is not my soap box, this is my life. I am involved in animals beyond having my own rescued crew. They are a crew, let me tell you! I am posting pictures for you--two of MP--she is better outside--but I like the one of her by the door--her usual spot! (I have several dogs,) I have a strong opinion about animals--that we should care and love them as they love us: unconditionally. My dogs have saved my life, made my life more full and helped me recover from terrible illness. A friend of mine is the president of an organization that supports spaying and neutering--especially to low-income families--have you priced spaying and neutering lately--it can be expensive, no ding against docs, they have to make money, too. And, where would we be without them to perform the procedure. Operation Stop Pet Overpopulation Today. Their link is in my favorites. If you live in another part of the world and cannot afford to get your pet spay or neutered, please ask your local shelter for information on available options. It is a must that our pets be spay and neutered. I believe strongly that our shelters are riding on the back of irresponsible pet ownership--overbreeding. And, if you have an empty space in your heart, head to the nearest shelter and bring a lonely heart home with you--your reward will be that you will instantly make the world a better place and you will have a companion who will love you: unconditionally. In a few short months, we (OpSpot) will host a fundraiser--the 9th Annual Sweat-4-Pets here in St. Louis--a 5k, 10k, 1 Mile Fun Walk on Sunday, November 8th at Tower Grove Park--registration begins at 8:00 a.m. Please support your animal organizations by remembering to run or walk or attend one of their auctions--it is as important as saving a life.

Comments