Easy-Peasy Kung Pao with Tofu

Real quick post to offer a picture of my veggie prep for this meal tonight--get the knife skills out! I don't know about you, but if I've got a picture in front of me, look out, I'm on it! I love the "ready-and-waiting" part of this dish! Next up, the wok and my baked tofu and cooked rice. Meal ready!

Easy-Peasy Kung Pao with Tofu
1 lb. Extra Firm Tofu
sesame oil
Shoyu
hot sauce
agave
Prepare the rice. I use jasmine rice--easy to prep: 1 cup rice, 1 1/2 cup water--ready in about 20 minutes. Preheat oven to 400. Drain tofu--squeeze in a paper towel over the sink. Dice it, place it in a bowl and drizzle a bit of each of the seasonings over this, shake it to coat the tofu. Set aside for 30 minutes to marinate. After marinating, place the tofu on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 30 minutes--until brown. Select your veggies--if you have some Shitakes, add them, they are delicious in this. Be sure to include a tablespoon of minced ginger and minced garlic! Prepare the wok or skillet with peanut oil--about 2 tablespoons. Add the onion, garlic and ginger, saute for about 3 minutes. Add remaining veggies. Add 1/4 cup of rice vinegar, a shot of hot sauce, a tablespoon of Shoyo or low sodium soy sauce. Stirring often. Don't let the veggies get mushy--nothing worse than a mushy stir fry!

Comments